Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pre-Conference Interview with Kelly Sonnack!

Kelly Sonnack is a literary agent with the Andrea Brown Literary agency in California. She has sold books like 2009 Golden Kite Winner Down Sand Mountain by Steve Watkins and Ribbit Rabbit by Candace Ryan.

Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions, Kelly! :)


Can you give us a sneak preview of what you'll be discussing at the conference?
Sure! I’ll be giving two presentations. They are called, “The Secrets to Revising” and “Demystifying the Publishing Process, from Cradle to Grave.”

What is your favorite part of being a literary agent?
Celebrating the success of my clients. There’s nothing better than that phone call when I can share good news about an offer, an award, or other exciting news.

What's the number one thing you look for in a potential author?

A unique, takes-your-breath-away, have-to-have-it kind of story and writing.

What is your favorite book and why?
This is THE most impossible question in the world to answer. It’s like asking a Mom to pick her favorite kid. I think I could name my top three IF you gave me subgenres. But, one I continue to come back to again and again is A WRINKLE IN TIME. It was a cornerstone book for me in my development and I just love the themes, characters, and ideas it shares.

How do you know when you want to sign a new project?
When I can’t get the writing and story out of my head.

Thanks again, Kelly! We appreciate you stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment